Working in IMC

Just a little update about what I'm doing at work.

Besides the little write-ups and edits, I've also written some bigger pieces, like the Solomon Islands Second Wave project report and the Table 71 article for the Last Languages Campaign newsletter. They have not been published yet, because the graphic designers are still working on the newsletter.

Over the last month, I was also helping to find and re-write the anecdotes that will be used in Wycliffe's calendar for next year. While those little stories that accompany every month of the year may seem very short, you will be surprised how much work actually goes into putting them together. Having worked on the calendar project, I will never take for granted of any piece of text, however small they may be.

One project that is almost finalised is the blog article about Katie Zartman's mission trip to Senegal. Katie is the senior designer in my department. She went to Senegal in may to conduct a design workshop for the Saafi people, so that they can publish their own literacy materials. The final version of the text has been internally approved, and now it's waiting on field approval.

It's surprising how tedious the editing process is. When I've written a piece of work, I submit it to my supervisor for edit. After getting her feedback, I submit it to the senior editor for his edits. Sometimes, the final product becomes so radically different from the original work.

It's amazing how much work goes into the publication of one article. Everyone in the department seems to have a hand in it.

Category:

0 comments:

Post a Comment