First days in the IMC

I started my first day of work in the Integrated Marketing Communications department of Wycliffe USA on Monday, June 14. My first day was a little dense with an overload of information. Trying to wrap my mind around the procedure of submitting edited articles and the process involved in accessing the project list online wears my teeny-weeny little brain out. But aside from that, I did get a desk and my own laptop for business use. Oh, did I say that I have a very cool office with dim spotlights, a colourful whiteboard, two huge plasma screens on the front wall, and a cool smart board? Just the right mood for creativity to thrive, that is, if I can stay awake under the dim spotlight...





Anyway, the first day was a lot of orientation. There are four interns in my department, and we were introduced by our 'boss', Sean Stark, to the concept of effective and to the importance of knowing who we are presenting ourselves (i.e. Wycliffe) to be. Then I met with my supervisor, Amy Millward, to be oriented to some of the projects in which I will have my hand. Second day of work I also attended an editorial team meeting with Amy, her boss the senior editor, Matt Petersen, and the other writer, Mary Tindall. I must say that I am a little nervous about starting my job. But at the same time, I am also excited about it. Such an interesting mix of emotions.

As of now, I have four projects on my plate, some editing and some story-writing. I have just finished editing two articles to be submitted for publication in a newspaper to raise funds through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) program for Wycliffe.

I do think that I have the best job in the world. Reading and writing stories about the amazing things that God is doing all over the world. Can it get any better?

Do pray that I may be sensitive to God's voice, and allow Him to speak to me even through the stories that I am editing or writing.

Feel free to leave comments here!

Category:

2 comments:

Chloe said...

You're internship sounds wonderful, Dorcas! The work that you do sounds absolutely fascinating. What a privilege to be able to interact with and read stories of how the Lord has worked in the lives of his saints, I bet it is a blessing to the heart! Looking forward to hearing more!

-Δορκας- said...

Yes, it is a wonderful experience. I know God is teaching me so much, and all I need to do is to be willing to listen to Him.

Post a Comment