A Journey of Discovery

Two weeks of OSI gone, eight more to go! I cannot believe how quickly time flies by at times. I have finished up one work week: edited two articles and wrote one. Yet, reflecting on these two weeks, I realise that there is so much that the Lord is trying to teach me, not just through work, but also through interacting with other people.

We joked that this feels very much like a reality TV show. Twelve random people thrown together to try to survive in the wild land of Orlando. Well, maybe not so wild, like Survivor. Yet the wildest element of a reality TV show is not the setting of the show, but the people that are involved. I have indeed learned much about interacting with other people, and trying to live together.

On a different note, the girls got a treat on Friday night, as the guys invited us over to their place for a dinner. They cooked, served, and cleaned up. Then we stayed for a movie. Yesterday evening, we also went to the guys' house for a Bible study, and then stayed after that for a game of Catch Phrase. It was really nice to chill out after a stressful work week. Okay, it was not really that stressful. It just took a while for me to learn the language of Wycliffe.

I also got to interview a lady for my Faith and Culture class. She has some pretty interesting views on morality and the origins of our values. Pray that the Lord will give me wisdom during our conversation.

PS: I have updated my mailing address here in Orlando under the "contact" tab on the top of this page. If you want to contact me by snail mail (which I love to get), please mail it to that address. Remember to put "Attn: Karen Snyder".

Category:

0 comments:

Post a Comment